New Ground

 

It's the weekend before the 3rd,

and I find myself on new ground.

I am still trying to understand the new sign posts here,

bask in the sun without getting burnt,

finally breathe without the stench of a prison cell in my chest.

The air is fresh, the sun doesn't set and I miss Him


I wonder, Did the Israelites ever miss seeing fresh manna in the desert?

Did they learn that sometimes a hard rock doesn't give you a river?

Do their children ask why the clouds in the sky are so high up, 

and not right up front? 


I know why the Lord brought them through the desert,

40 years, same sandles, same cloud

because I know what the promised land doesn't show you.

- A front row seat, to the Compassionate God, to the God

who wept alongside Mary and Martha,

to the God who is a whisper in the wind, no fire.

Spoon feeding your bruised body, washing blood

out your fresh wounds


I am sitting on new ground, my prayer list is alot shorter

and I miss Him

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burial Day

that I may fitly adore Thee