Love and Redemption

The theme tonight is Love and Redemption
But all I wanted to write was: Love and Regret
Love and Loss, Love and Death!
I feel the tug of it often, 
thisssss poison,
thissss medicine.

Regret is too gaga for these lips
But the flavor sticks
Like how you might taste
rum and cola in a solid coke
Regrets made me wander . . 
The knife, or the rope?

Knife or the rope
Rope or slits on these wrists
Slits or some lashes 
Lashes tearing skin
Skin pierced hands 
Hands on a cross
Cross on a hill

No no no 
Ah Mercy kept saying No
But at times I’ve wished 
That it would just let me go
Just let me sink
Into an abyss
Let me finally have 
Life’s last kiss

But every door to the abyss
Every dream that came amiss
Has found me nearer to Him still
Every hope prolonged,
Every heart ache that’s come and gone
Has me in His palms still 

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from Your presence?
 If I go up to the heavens, You are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, You are there.
 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there Your hand will guide me,
    Your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to You;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to You.

Photo by Elijah Hiett on Unsplash


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burial Day

that I may fitly adore Thee

Doctor?