It’s as if I know It's as if I know our paths crossed by accident somewhere somehow one of us should’ve walked away but didn’t. It’s as if I know someone else waits for you at home in a different life you’re an old friend I never met I ignore your Friend request on Facebook but didn’t. It’s as if I know you and I say I do to different people on a January that's not the 12th promising the best and worst of each other but didn’t. It’s as if I know, in every other dimension versions of ourselves follow a different script I’m in Suva, and you never come to Fiji but didn't. In this time, it's you, and in this time, it's us We choose one another after every fight, you surprise me with gifts and I try to give you money saving advice that I don’t follow. In this time, it's me and in this time, it's us against all odds, we've made two countries our home and one life-time forever.
Sometimes I wish I looked more like Nana Her beauty requires no powder, no cream Her hair firm, a Fijian halo to her frame Strength and poise - her hallmark Dr Apolonia, Qasenivuli, Ma, Nana I know not a better woman In the everyday quiet mundane her words like the calm burning tree, whether we’re in the kitchen, around a grog bowl or in the garden. whether she's laughing with me, praying, or yelling, her wisdom builds me each time Life has spun and spun seasons through her. storms, suns and droughts all the while, she remains anchored shedding light to truth and planting truths in tomorrows so much so that I know before learning, so much so that I love without feeling and I’ve seen before looking.. one day I hope to look more like Nana
You carry the breath of God You, and not the church building You carry the glory of God You, and not the Sunday dress You carry th e are the temple of the living God The One True Living God :: We Are Temples ::
Comments
Post a Comment